Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Return to Matainui - Day 6

I couldn't tell if I was awake or not because it was too dark, and i was still lying next to the door waiting for someone to come in. It felt like I had already been here for two days because I was starving and had no sense of what the time was.

The starvation pain was getting unbearable, then I heard some voices. "They've breached! grab the prisoners! hold them hostage" Who had breached what? the lair? maybe it was the bird people. It hit me, they must have been what the wormian's called the drones. I heard Wunderwaffe shots going off, and chaos everywhere. The door opened, an armed Wormian walked in, looked around and spotted me. Before he could grab me as a hostage, I dodged his lunge and held the knive to his throat. Deja vu. "Don't do anything funny." I walked out, and a Wunderwaffe lightning bolt flew past my head.
"They're getting away with one of the prisoners! After them!" I could hear the door to the lair open, and the Wormian escaped my grip. He got a few metres in front of me and turned around, firing a shot. Thankfully it failed miserably, striking a metal pipe on the hallway roof. That wasn't good. Most metals are conductors. I followed it with my eyes as the electricity traveled down the pipe, into another room. BOOM! I could see the door in which the electricity traveled through crumbling to bits, and I made a beeline for the exit. I escaped with my life, but as for the other prisoner or prisoners, I wasn't sure. To make things worse I was still starving.

I wasn't blinded by the light this time, and I had nothing. I was standing, thinking, outside the entry to the lair. I went inside, and scanvanged around. There were 3 prison cells, a large room with tables that looked like a cafeteria, and the armoury. I grabbed a wunderwaffe, and went in to the cafeteria. In there was another door, which I walked into. There were shelfs with sacks. I opened one and inside it there was some of the blue Porridge stuff I had been fed before. I gleefully devoured it, and fulled myself up.

I was lying on a small bed inside an unlocked prison cell, thinking of ways to find other people. Surely there were communications in the lair. I walked into the armourey looking for something. On one of the walls i spotted a hard to find small green switch. I flicked it down, and a 22" screen popped into the wall. On it was a diagram of the island, labelled in English. On the small mountain where Dilshen, Maddi, Kieran, Kim, Haylee were at when we saw them on the second day. The label read - Drones reserve spaceship. On the mountain which was by itself, the label read - Drones spaceship. Then in 7 or 8 different locations on the diagram, were camps, all lettered. The one that read "Camp E" was highlighted in green. It must have been the one I was at right now. I now knew where I was, Halfway between the lake and the edge of the island on the east. The small mountain was a straight forward walk down the beach and through one bay, but the treacherous scenery could of made it take quite some time. Plus to mention the threat of giant eagles with a 3 metre wingspan and wormians. There was one other problem. If I made it to the mountain the Drones would certainly consider me as a hostile being. But it felt like 3 o'clock in the afternoon, so I decided to head towards the mountain with a wunderwaffe and a small bag of the blue porridge.

My predictions were right, I had decided to head to the topmost west beach first to make a simple walk down the coast to the bay around the mountain, then walk inland towards. But to get to the coast first took me about an hour. I must have got lost and walked in circles for a bit. I had a copy of the map in my pocket, and pulled it out. I was smack bang where I wanted to be. The Forrest had no path to navigate through, and tramping had me exasperated. Luckily no trouble had ran in to me. I decided to make another stick shelter and finish the rest of the journey tomorrow.

The sun was setting, and I sat underneath my second stick shelter resting for the day ahead. I had a portion of the blue porridge, and looked out towards the beutiful blue ocean. There some clouds a few hundred metres off shore, and once again, they made a ring around the island. Not a single cloud had come inside the islands air space, neither could you see a single star. Maybe there was something gaurding the island, perhaps a forcefield. But it was too unrealistic, like everything else that had happened so far in these six days. I settled for the night ahead, andbegan to think about the deafening dawn chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment